Building on best practices from both the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) and the International Association of Facilitators (IAF), this three day course introduces the basics of facilitation in the public arena. Participants learn how to design and conduct successful facilitated public involvement events. Designed as a small, intensive, interactive learning opportunity, this course allows participants three opportunities to practice their skills in a safe learning environment with lots of constructive feedback. They leave with video tapes of their practice sessions, an extensive manual, and other tips and tools for becoming more comfortable at facilitating different types of meeting processes and techniques.
Limits on Class Size: 6 – 10
This is a great course that provides a thorough overview of the fundamental skills for effective facilitation, and provides for the opportunity to implement these skills in practice sessions. This approach to the training provides the participant with the knowledge, techniques and confidence to implement what they have learned immediately.
- Public participation specialists wanting to learn how to facilitate the events they plan
- Facilitators who are interested in expanding their practice to include public involvement or stakeholder meetings
- New facilitators seeking an opportunity to practice in a safe, supportive space
- Seasoned facilitators seeking to refresh their skill set
- Plan for successful meetings, starting with yourself
- Confidently conduct stakeholder meetings
- Be prepared to respond to tricky situations
- Ensure all voices are captured
- Remain calm and be a role model for participants
- Polish and improve your overall facilitation skills
- What is Facilitation
- Basic Facilitation Skills
- Anatomy of a Meeting
- Session Planning
- Recording and Meeting Documentation
- Basic Facilitation Methods
- Facilitating Challenging Situations
- Emotion and Conflict
- Facilitator Excellence
|Facilitation for P2 Practitioners (FP3)
Discounts: The Participation Company offers a $60 discount to active members of IAP2, ICMA and NCDD, valid through the Early Bird Deadline date only. Be sure to register by the Early Bird deadline to take advantage of the discount.
For member discounts to apply, you must note IAP2, ICMA or NCDD and your Member ID# in the COMMENTS box on the registration form, then choose the appropriate price level at checkout.
Locations and Pricing
What to Expect: We will have working lunches each day – meals are included. After you have registered, you will receive details specific to each training location via email four (4) weeks prior to the training dates. If you need assistance, please contact us: 720-237-9175 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register early, save with Early Bird pricing and help make this a successful event. This not only saves you money and secures you a seat in a limited seating event (min 6/max 10), but it assists us in our planning because all training events require a minimum number of participants. Decisions for “go” or “no go” events are made within the week after the Early Bird Deadline.
For complete details please view our Policies.