- This event has passed.
Facilitation for P2 Practitioners (FP3) – In-Person Training
October 17 @ 8:00 am - October 19 @ 5:00 pm MDT
Sponsored by the IAP2 USA Intermountain Chapter
Building on best practices from both the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) and the International Association of Facilitators (IAF), this three-day course introduces the basics of facilitation in the public arena.
Designed as a small, intensive interactive learning opportunity, this course allows participants three opportunities to practice their skills in a safe learning environment with lots of constructive feedback.
THIS COURSE IS DESIGNED FOR
- Public participation specialists wanting to learn how to facilitate the events they plan
- Facilitators who are interested in expanding their practice to include public involvement meetings
- Facilitators seeking an opportunity to practice in a safe, supportive space
- Facilitators seeking to refresh their skill set
FACILITATION FOR P2 PRACTITIONERS THREE-DAY COURSE OUTLINE:
- What is Facilitation
- Basic Facilitation Skills
- Anatomy of a Meeting
- Session Planning
- Recording and Meeting Documentation
- Basic Facilitation Methods
- Facilitating Challenging Situations
- Emotion and Conflict
- Facilitator Excellence
Dates and Pricing
Early Bird Registration Deadline: September 26, 2023 | Last Day to Register: October 3, 2023
Minimum Class Size: 8 | Maximum Class Size: 12
|3, 8-hour in-person sessions||$1,380||$1,275|
- Course schedule: 8AM – 5PM Mountain Time.
- TPC offers member rates to active members of AICP, IAP2, ICMA, and NCDD. Discounts are valid through the Last Date to Register. To receive your discount, please type your membership organization name in the Registration Form Comment Box. Discounted rates are available at checkout.
- AICP Credit available
All participants must be registered and paid not later than 15 Business Days in advance of the training event.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions, [email protected]
Master the Art of facilitating different types of meeting processes and techniques.
WENDY GREEN LOWE
Wendy is a Certified Professional Facilitator with over 30 years of experience in group process facilitation and public participation support. Wendy specializes in managing collaborative processes involving diverse perspectives to consensus outcomes. She approaches each facilitation effort with sensitivity to the specific needs of the project and her clients. Wendy lives in Loveland, Colorado.